Students with no previous knowledge of the Swedish language.
Aim of the course
To learn the basics of the Swedish language in everyday situations, for example greeting someone, ordering something, giving and asking for simple information.
Module 1 – Communication and function
- simple ways of introducing yourself, greeting someone, shopping, going to a restaurant, talking on the phone, arranging a meeting etc.
- classroom phrases, asking for information
- describing your house/home, your family and your own country in simple terms
- discussing and asking about everyday life in the present and past
- reading simple texts and dialogues.
- writitng simple messages, e-mails, postcards
- filling in a form that asks for personal information (first name, last name, address, age etc.)
- writing about yourself and your everyday life in simple terms
- information about Sweden and Swedish culture
Module 2 – Structure and pronunciation
- the time, days of the week, dates, months, seasons
- word order
- verbs and nouns
- adjectives and pronouns
- pronunciation and Swedish intonation
The main focus is on spoken communication and the teaching is in Swedish from the beginning.
In class you take an active part and practise the language in real life situations, through simple dialogues where grammar and new vocabulary are integrated. Homework consists of reading short texts, vocabulary exercises and short writing exercises. Group size: maximum 16 students.
Our teachers are well-qualified and experienced. They teach exclusively in Swedish.
Rivstart A1+A2 (Paula Levy Scherrer, Karl Lindemalm, 2014 edition (text and excercise book). Course books are not included in the course fee. You can buy them at "The Book Corner", Rosenlundsgatan 3, near Folkuniversitetet.
After this course you can continue with the next course Svenska A2, dagtid.
To register for a courseGo to "BOKA KURSEN NU" , there you can choose an application form in Swedish or in English. If you do not have a Swedish personal number, please use the English form.
Har du frågor?
Kontakta Folkuniversitetet Göteborg språk. Tel: 031 - 10 65 10