Course objectives and content
The aims of the English in the Morning B1+ course are:
- to develop your vocabulary so you can give clear descriptions and express ideas on a variety of topics without too much hesitation
- to help you develop your fluency and give you practice so you feel more confident and can take an active part in discussions on familiar subjects
- to improve your grammar, through theory and practice
- to improve your writing skills to produce more accurate, organised texts related to your interests
Who is this course for?
Students who have achieved B1 and want to reach B1+/B2. If you are unsure of your level, do our language level test first (link below).
- We work on all four skills in class but our focus is on verbal communication.
- You attend class twice-a-week, for four weeks.
- The course is taught exclusively in English by teachers who have English as a native language or the equivalent level.
- You will be working in pairs or small groups with classmates and taking an active part in lessons. Speaking to each other in English is an important part of practice.
- You will be given homework for further practice throughout the course.
You will be given information about course material in the first lesson as it is important to be at the right level before buying books. Please note course material is not included in the course fee.
Please note that it can take many months of studying to complete one level. This depends on how intensive the course is, how hard you work in the classroom plus how much time you have to work on your English outside class. Our teachers are always willing to talk about the right course at the right level for you.
Har du frågor?
Kontakta Folkuniversitetet i Stockholm