For those who are already registered
Why do we need your personal information?
Personal data collected directly from you, guardian, authority or by other means of processing are treated in order to fulfill and administer our legal obligations as complying with the requirements of governing authorities, complying with agreements entered into or in order for us to give you better service. Personal data may also be used for statistical purposes and for the development and analysis of our activities.
Details such as name, address and e-mail address are used in our customer register to send you newsletters, course catalogs and offers on Folkuniversitetet's upcoming courses and educations. Name and address are also used to answer your questions or comments via chat, mail and web forms. The personal identification number is used for statistics and is a condition for state contributions to our courses in public education. In some cases, we are also obliged to provide information to authorities by law and agreement.
In many cases, we need your personal information to enable you to complete your studies with us, for example, if you register on one of our learning platforms.
In some assignments, Folkuniversitetet provides information to third parties on the basis of assignments and public authorities such as municipal / regional contributors. Other than this, we never give out personal data to third parties.
How are personal data collected and stored?
Personal data is collected through, for example, web forms, mail, applications and telephone calls. The information can also be supplemented with information from public records and authorities.
If you are, or have been, a participant with us, your data is stored for as long as is necessary for us to administer courses/educations or as long as we have to store them according to laws and agreements. Therafter the data is deleted according to the current routine. We do not delete personal data when there is a legal requirement to store it, for example, according to current accounting rules. We use unidentified information for statistical purposes and course development.
The information in our customer register used to send you newsletters, course catalogs and offers on future courses, educations and events is saved as long as needed or until you unsubscribe.
What rights do you have as registered participant or customer?
- You are entitled to know what personal information we have about you. If they are incorrect or incomplete you may request them beeing corrected or removed. You can request extracts from the personal information we have about you, freeof charge. Folkuniversitetet only has access to personal data that is required for our own activities, and not personal data held by other authorities and companies.
- You also have the right to get information about the legal bases we support, how long we will save your information, who has access to the information and to have your information with us deleted if there are no legal reasons that make us compelled store the data.
- You can get a summary of all the information we have about you and you may object to the way we use your personal information.
- You are entitled to request limitation of the use of some of your personal data, you may withdraw your consent and appeal to the relevant regulatory authority.
- In the case information we save about you will be processed for a purpose other than at the time of collection, we will inform you accordingly.