Who is the course for?
This is a course for you with no or very limited prior knowledge in the Swedish language.
- To be able to introduce yourself and talk a little about yourself
- To be able to use simple phrases in everyday situations
- To understand most of what is said in simple and slow speech about familiar topics
- To be acquainted with basic Swedish grammar
- After the course you will have some of the knowledge of Swedish at level A1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- The alphabet and numbers
- Basic grammar
- Basic rules of pronunciation
- Vocabulary and phrases: introductions, telling the time, shopping, leisure activities, daily activities, family and relations
36 teaching hours of 45 minutes each. The course is given twice a week for six weeks.
Information about course literature will be included in the course notification. The course literature is not included in the course fee. Please bring the books to the first class.
Go to "Boka nu". You will be able to choose an application form in Swedish or in English. If you do not have a Swedish personal identity number, please use the English form, state your year of birth, month and day, and state what country you are a citizen of.
You will receive a confirmation of the booking shortly after you have applied. About a week before the start of the course, you will receive a course notification with practical information.
We appreciate if you book the course at least two weeks before the planned starting date. Please note that we might cancel a course if we haven't recieved enough applications about two weeks before the planned start of the course.
Do you want a different schedule?
We also offer private lessons, suitable for those who need a more flexible schedule or, for example, have a specific goal such as the Swedex tests. Perfect for those who wish to have their lessons during the day. Read more here.
Har du frågor?
Kontakta Folkuniversitetet i Uppsala