After finishing the A1 levels you should be able to make yourself understood and understand others in simple everyday situations.
There is no need for prior knowledge of the Swedish language, however you should be familiar with the latin alphabet.
About the course
In this course you will, among other things, learn to introduce yourself, talk about yourself (family, hobbies, studies, work, etc.) and make purchases in Swedish. You will practice pronunciation and read simple dialogues and short texts, as well as understanding spoken Swedish. You will learn the basics of Swedish grammar, for example, word order, tenses, the conjugation of nouns and adjectives, pronouns and prepositions.
- We work on all language skills, but we focus on oral communication.
- The language used by our teachers is Swedish, however English can be used to make the introduction easier.
- You will actively participate during the lessons and exercises in pairs and small groups.
- You will need to set aside a few hours of practice at home before each lesson following the introduction.
- We have a limit of 16 participants.
Recommended continuation course
After level Swedish beginners A1 part 1 you should continue with Swedish beginners A1 part 2.
Rivstart A1+A2 text book (2nd Edition) chapters 1-5 (P Levy Scherrer, K Lindemalm, Natur och Kultur 2014). We also recommend that you buy the exercise book (övningsbok). Course literature is not included in the fee. We recommend that you wait until you receive the notice that the course is starting before buying the book(s).
Would you prefer a different course layout or a private lesson? You can create your own course!
Please contact the course coordinator if you have further questions:
Lina Sandgren (course coordinator - languages)
Har du frågor?
Kontakta Folkuniversitetet i Umeå