Previous KnowledgeThis is a course for those who have not study Swedish before.
After courseAfter the course, you will have a knowledge of Swedish at level A1 according to the Council of Europe framework of reference for languages. When you have attained level A1, you can introduce yourself and ask others about their names and where they live, you can understand and use simple words and phrases relating to your needs or specific everyday situations. You can talk to someone who speaks slowly and clearly.
During the course, we work with conversation, pronunciation and understanding. You take the first steps in reading and writing Swedish. You also get an insight into Swedish culture and Swedish society.Examples of course content:
Module 1 – Communication and function
- simple ways of introducing yourself, greeting someone, shopping, going to a restaurant, talking on the phone, arranging a meeting etc.
- classroom phrases, asking for information
- describing your house/home, your family and your own country in simple terms
- discussing and asking about everyday life in the present and past
- reading simple texts and dialogues.
- writitng simple messages, e-mails, postcards
- filling in a form that asks for personal information (first name, last name, address, age etc.)
- writing about yourself and your everyday life in simple terms
- information about Sweden and Swedish culture
Module 2 – Structure and pronunciation
- the time, days of the week, dates, months, seasons
- word order
- verbs and nouns
- adjectives and pronouns
- pronunciation and Swedish intonation
The Course ConceptTeaching is done mainly in Swedish and focuses on oral communication. We start from practical situations and work with pair and group exercises, listening comprehension and conversation. You are expected to be active during the lessons and have a good chance to influence the course's content and layout. Expect a few hours of Homework between course lessons.
Course LiteratureWe use modern literature that includes exercises in all the language skills: reading, listening, writing and speaking. The course literature is not included in the price of the course. Information about the book you will use and where you can buy it is usually enclosed with the course confirmation.
To register for a course
Go to "BOKA KURSEN NU" (above/down in red), there you can choose an application form in Swedish or in English. There you can also read the conditions of registration. Please remember to state your Swedish Personal Number (or date of birth: 19xx-Month-Day) .
Har du frågor?
Kontakta Folkuniversitetet Trollhättan. Tel: 0520 - 50 50 75