At Folkuniversitetet in Växjö, we offer:
- SvA basic: Swedish as a Second Language at basic level
The Swedish language is the key to a new life. Our school gives you the opportunity to learn the language, which helps you integrate into Swedish society. At Folkuniversitetet, you become part of a community of peers and teachers, who always offer that little bit extra. Our qualified and licensed teachers focus on quality. You will learn Swedish – for real!
Course information about SvA basic
This daily course combines scheduled classes and self-study. Instruction takes place Monday – Wednesday from 8:30 to 11:30. On Thursdays and Fridays, you study on your own at home.
We adapt the course to your needs and prerequisites so that you can combine your studies with work, other classes or family life.
SvA basic consists of four modules. During the course, you build the foundation to develop your language skills by:
- Formulating yourself and communicating in speech and writing
- Choosing and using linguistic strategies
- Reading and analyzing fiction and non-fiction for different purposes
- Adapting your language to intent, recipient and context
- Distinguishing structures and following linguistic rules
- Seeking information from various sources and evaluating the content
Before the course begins, we assess your proficiency level to determine which module best suits your knowledge and skills.
When do SvA basic start?
New students begin these courses every month. After you are accepted, the teacher will contact you to plan the pace of study and your start date.
Want to know more about Folkuniversitetet before you decide to study here? You are warmly welcome to contact us to discuss the courses or meet our teachers.
email@example.com. 0470-78 44 00.