This public speaking course will help you become a more confident public speaker. You will learn how to identify and engage your audience, create a basic outline of your speech, and organize your program in a way that makes the most sense. You will also learn how to manage your nerves, control your voice and work with body language.
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone who is looking to improve their public speaking skills or presentation skills. The minimum level for the course is B1. If you are unsure of your level, please take our web-based language level test.
Course objectives and content
The aims of the Public Speaking in English course are:
- to develop your vocabulary so you can give clear descriptions and express ideas on a variety of topics without too much hesitation
- to help you develop your fluency and give you practice so you feel more confident when speaking in front of other people
- to overcome any bad listening habits and advance listening skills
- to correct your pronunciation and improve language quality and delivery
- to organise your ideas more logically and communicate more easily
- to add visual components to your presentations
We work on speaking, listening, reading and writing, but our main focus is on verbal communication. The course is taught exclusively in English by teachers who have English as a native language. You will be working in pairs or small groups with classmates and taking an active part in lessons. You will be given homework for further practice throughout the course.
You will be given information about course material in the first lesson as it is important to be at the right level before buying books. Please note course material is not included in the course fee.
Do you need a different kind of course? Please contact us and we can help you with tailor-made solutions for all types of courses.
You can reach us on:
046-19 77 00
Har du frågor?
Kontakta Folkuniversitetet i Lund