Sök kurser & utbildningar
What’s wrong with the 4th Floor in China? Why is food such a huge deal? When is a friendly drink more than that? Find the answers to these and many other questions in this short course on the fascinating world of Chinese culture.
Note: The course is in English. You do not need to speak Swedish and will need a reasonable level of English to take part in this course.
Whether it’s prep for a business trip or holiday; because you have Chinese friends or colleagues; because you are simply curious about how one fifth of the world lives their daily lives – this is where your journey through Chinese culture begins!
At a practical level learn how to blend in at a Chinese social occasion, avoid embarrassing gaffes at important meetings, understand your Chinese friends better, learn to use and understand some everyday Chinese phrases and expressions.
In addition, we will…
- explore the main Chinese festivals and traditions, their importance and origins
- compare body language and non-verbal communication in China and Sweden
- discover why Hollywood is obsessed with China
- look at business etiquette and get tips on successful negotiating in a Chinese context
- find out about Cultural differences within China - no, we are not all the same!
- discover the overwhelming importance of food, and to a lesser extent drink, in Chinese culture – and learn the basics of Chinese cuisine
- honestly answer any of those questions you were too shy to ask your Chinese friends!
Perhaps most importantly – have you ever wondered what Chinese people find strange or difficult about life in Sweden and why? Here’s your chance to find out what the other side thinks!!