Content and structure
Read more about Swedex' content and structure.
How is the Swedex exam designed?
Swedex tests all kinds of linguistic proficiency and consists at all levels of various exam modules;
- Reading comprehension
- Words and grammar (only at A2 and B1 levels)
- Listening comprehension
- Written exam
- Oral exam
The written part is carried out in groups.
Time consumption for the written part:
- A2: ca. 2 hours, including a pause
- B1: ca. 3 hours, including two pauses
- B2: ca. 3 hours, including two pauses
The oral exam is carried out individually (A2) or in couples according to a specified time schedule (B1, B2).
Time consumption for the oral part:
- A2: ca. 8 minutes
- B1: ca. 15 minutes, plus 15 minutes of preparation.
- B2: ca. 20-25 minutes, plus 15 minutes of preparation
Model exams for A2, B1 and B2 show what the various parts of the exams look like. They can be downloaded directly from Swedex' web site, please see Mock exams.
For further information, please also see the examination regulations for Swedex!