Quali-T, Quality in Language Teaching for Adults
The aim is to compare the role of quality assurance systems in adult education in general and with special regard to quality in language teaching and learning.
A Grundtvig Learning Partnership
The aim of the partnership is to compare the role of quality assurance systems in adult education in general and with special regard to quality in language teaching and learning in the various countries and the different types of organisations involved.
The following 6 questions will be addressed:
- What do we mean when talking about QM and what are the situations in the partner countries and institutions with regard to language teaching and QM approaches? Wha tmaterial is available to us?
- What do we understand when talking about high quality tuition and how can that be achieved for language learning?
- What is a “good teacher” in the eyes of the institution, the teachers themselves and the learners and what helps to assess that?
- How is good teaching practice evaluated and which tools do we have or should we use?
- How do we implement quality in the institutions and how do we make sure that teachers use quality tools?
- What would be the common ground for quality in language learning for all the different countries and situations that we could recommend to other countries and institutions as well?
- Thuringer Volkshochschulverband e.V. (Tyskland)
- Verband der Österreichischer Volkshochschulen (Österrike)
- EDUCA (Tjeckien)
- Escola Oficial d’Idiomes de Palma de Mallorca (Spanien)
- Sugesto Ltd (Estland)
- CILT, the National Centre for Languages (England)
- Folkuniversitetet Kursverksamheten vid Lunds universitet (Sverige)
August 2009 – August 2011