A transnational networks–project which evaluates and summarizes all the relevant national and international projects on gender sensitive teaching and counselling and draws recommendations for future actions.
VISIBLE is a transnational networks –project which evaluates and summarizes all the relevant national and international projects on gender sensitive teaching and counselling in all the participating countries as well as at European level in general and draws recommendations for future actions. A lot of effort has been put into encouraging especially women to choose non traditional careers within European funded projects in
past years. Still, girls and boys continue to take educational and career paths “typical” for their gender and especially in countries where the participation rate of women in labour market has been traditionally high.
The education system plays an important role in creating ideas about gender that are often unconscious ways to deal with female and
mail students. There is a need to find innovative methods and practical instruments for a systematic way to include gender aspect in the everyday work of teachers as well as to raise awareness of education policy makers in order to include gender sensitive approach to curriculum of teacher/ counsellor training.
The aims of Visible -project are:
- to get a general picture on the situation of gender sensitive teaching and counselling in vocational education in each participating country e.g. is the gender approach in curriculum of teacher education, is it a part of curricula of schools
- to review, evaluate and summarize all the relevant Leonardo da Vinci projects, European Social Fund, Equal and other national projects on gender sensitive teaching and counselling in all the participating countries as well as at European level in general
- to identify promising practices and pedagogical methods of gender sensitive teaching and counselling
- to identify what kind of support teachers and counsellors need in order to include gender approach in their work successfully
- to draw recommendations for future actions such as research and training programmes and material and influence education policy makers to include gender sensitive approach in curriculum of teacher and counsellor training
The results of Visible -project are:
- an evaluation tool for assessment of impact of results in gender sensitive teaching and counselling
- a report of results and impact of relevant LdV and other European and national projects
- a guide book of good practices and methods of gender sensitive teaching and counselling for vocational schools’ teachers and counsellors
- a co-ordinated network system including vocational schools, training institutes, research institutes, education and gender equality policy makers for promotion of the gender sensitive approach in teacher and counsellor training at national and European level.
October 2006 – September 2008
Contact person: Martin Persson