Sök kurser & utbildningar
Advance your English with Learnbase
Advance your English with the groundbreaking new language learning method Learnbase. Folkuniversitetet is participating in an EU-backed project that is testing a new method which combines communicative classroom practice with personal coaching and individually-adapted study material. Class size is kept to a maximum of 7 students to enhance the classroom dynamic.
This course is for motivated B2/C1 level students who wish to advance their English language skills in an exciting new way and are prepared to work independently between classroom and coaching sessions.
The course structure is based on new research on how adults can best learn languages using the Learnbase method. The course consists of eight classroom sessions and two opportunities for individual coaching.
- We work on all four skills in class but our focus is on verbal communication.
- The course is taught exclusively in English by teachers who have English as a native language or the equivalent level.
- Class size is between 5-7 students
- You will be working in pairs or small groups with classmates and taking an active part in lessons. Speaking to each other in English is an important part of practice.
- You will be given homework for further practice throughout the course.
- You will meet your teacher for individual coaching sessionsin order to personalise your learning experience and help you to reach your goals.
The teacher will give you information about the course material at the first lesson in order to make sure you are at the correct level before buying a book. Please note that course material is not included in the course fee.
Gareth Mills is a native of New Zealand and a very experienced English language teacher who has been living and working in Stockholm for many years. He has been involved in the Learnbase project from the beginning and is an integral part of a project which is now running in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Germany.
Feel free to get in touch with us if you would like more information about this new and exciting way of improving your language skills.
Har du frågor?
Kundtjänst i Stockholm