Korta vägen - The short route
For academics. Korta vägen (“the short route”) is aimed at persons born abroad who have a university degree or have completed at least three years of academic studies in their home country.
The course significantly increases your chances of finding a job in your professional field. It also prepares you for university studies, if you need to supplement your degree.
You may be eligible for Korta vägen if you meet the following requirements:
- You must have a university degree or have completed at least three years of academic studies in your home country
- You must also be enrolled in Arbetsförmedlingen (the Swedish Public Employment Agency) and apply for the course via your administrator
- Your Swedish skills must be at level A2 or better on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
You can take part in the course even if you have not completed your Swedish For Immigrants (SFI) course.
The course includes modules such as:
- Mapping and assessment
- Professional coaching with a focus on study and vocational guidance
- Civic orientation and Swedish working life
- On-the-job training
- Language training for your specific profession
Korta vägen is a collaboration between universities, Arbetsförmedlingen and Folkuniversitetet.
If you have questions about the course, please contact your administrator at Arbetsförmedlingen or your local Folkuniversitetet Korta vägen-office.